Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The things we say...

Words are beautiful. They are like mathematical formulas. When they are added together properly, they equal a story that blows your mind. But other times, words hurt.

In my opinion, they hurt longer than any physical pain. Because you can heal a physical pain. You can go get medicine, go to a physical therapist and heal, but words, words hurt you mentally and the mind is something so complex, so intricate, so fragile, that the right words can make it break.

We all make mistakes. We all say things that hurt others. We are not perfect. No one is. No amount of money or fame can make you perfect. But we sometimes forget that.

I just heard about the whole Kanye/Taylor thing yesterday from my friend who sent me this link on YouTube. I always loved watching the VMA's and any music award show but this year I haven't been watching them and so I was shocked when I heard about this whole ordeal.

I am a Kanye fan. Yes, I know he is conceited and he doesn't say the right things a lot of the times, but I love his music. Taylor Swift on the other hand, I've never been a fan of country music. I absolutely hate it. I listen to everything from Alternative to Pop, but I can't do country music so, no I am not a Taylor Swift fan.

But this is not about taking sides. What Kanye West did was wrong. It can't be excused, but the comments, the things people are saying on YouTube are just taking it way out of proportion.

Right before my eyes, people were pulling the race card and calling Kanye all sorts of really uncalled for names. Yes, what he did was rude but you can not honestly tell me that you are perfect and that some of the things you do or say have not hurt anyone. We all hurt people. We all do things that we later regret.

Kanye West is a human being. What he did was uncalled for and Taylor Swift should have been able to have her moment to shine. But I'm seriously getting tired of people bashing him. It's only making the whole situation worse.

If you've lost all respect for Kanye, then at least respect Taylor. I mean the whole thing is all over the internet. Everyone all over the world probably seen it, and so fueling the flame isn't making anything better. Taylor probably just wants to put this behind her.

Seriously, a lot of the things people say on YouTube are just hurtful not only to Kanye but to a lot of people. It's offensive and it hurts.

Like I said, words are hurtful. You can use them for good or bad. In my opinion, calling someone out of their name is just so wrong. And I'm not even saying this because of this whole controversy or whatever you want to call it.

In school, they teach us that "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything nice at all."

People say and do hurtful things all the time, but that doesn't give you the right to do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're very right. Kanye is just a human and the things people are saying are really over the top. But then again, what he did was over the top too. Ah. Celebrities.

Anonymous said...

A lot of the reason people are so enraged about the Kanye thing is because this is not the first time. If it was, I'd agree with you. But it's not. Kanye is a person, but he's also a celebrity. With that status comes a lot of responsibility--i.e. you have to be aware that you're in the public eye all the time.
I like Kanye's music. I'm not a big fan of his newer work, but he does have talent. The problem isn't that he lacks musical ability. It deals more with his obnoxious attitude. What he said during the Katrina relief concert, the NUMEROUS rude comments he's made due to losses of VMA and MTV awards? The Taylor Swift thing is just the newest controversy. And you say people pull the race card. They do, and it's bad. But Kanye pulls it too. "George Bush doesn't care about black people"? "Maybe my skin’s not right"?
There IS a reason people are making such a huge fuss. This isn't just a matter of him being human and making a mistake. He makes the same mistakes over and over again, and they all revolve around his big head. He thinks he knows he's the best artist for this award, he thinks he knows what music video is the best, he thinks he knows the bad reason why he wasn't asked to perform, he thinks he knows what other people are thinking inside their minds.
He doesn't.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com