Monday, July 6, 2009

When things start to click...

The air I breathe smells better and life makes sense! Well, life in my book, I mean. I've been addicted to editing and revising these past couple of days. And I'm only in my second chapter! But I just couldn't get over how boring and flat it was. My first chapter is great (though I did rewrite it at least eight times.) It's just that darn second chapter that I couldn't get passed. So I haven't been writing, just deleting and deleting and then...for once in a while, I got a good night's rest.

And I woke up, and everything just fell into place.

My MC is at this Halloween party and after encountering this one guy who she wants to kiss (but she can't because she'll kill him), she gets wasted for the first time and starts hearing voices. She then sees Tommy, who is the boy she killed long ago and she follows him outside. Turns out that he's a demon and...

That's all I'm saying. It gets weird after that, but I have this thing on lock down!

The 4th was surprisingly boring. Everyone I knew had to work and some of my friends are out of town. But I did watch the fireworks. Neighbors put on their own little fireworks show and it lasted until after midnight, and I was kinda pissed because it was noisy and I was really tired.

All in all, it wasn't the best 4th of July I've ever had, but it didn't suck, wish is cool.

And it's almost time to go back to school! Ugh! Hopefully 10th grade will be as easy as 9th was.

4 comments:

Feralhousewife said...

totally unrelated to the context of your post but how do you add shelfari to your blog?

Raven M said...

Haha, I had this exact same problem, I forget what the tab is called, but there's a spot where you can get your code and then you go to your layout click "Add Gadget" and click Add HTML or something like that and paste the code there.

wankerunithg said...

Don't worry... 10th grade is breezy. Anyway, just wanted to drop a comment, because I saw you're the other newcomer to TWFT [:

I'm Lia!

Raven M said...

Hi Lia! I'm Raven but I guess you already know that, hehe. Nice to meet you! And hopefully you're right about 10th grade being breezy.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com