Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursdays are for Thinking

So, I had a wonderful day. I spent my first official day off of AW, well not completely. I totally logged on when I got home, but I haven't even posted anything, so there's a step. I really need to write and after getting a day out, I feel like I can.

I've been a hermit for the past few weeks. It wasn't my fault or maybe it was because I really don't like heat but it was a really beautiful day today and I had a hair appointment. My hair is so shiny and bouncy and stuff! I love it. But anyways, today, I realized that I love my city.

I traveled to Oakland which is the college-hospital parts of Pittsburgh. I love going there because it's so inspirational. Mostly all of the Avenues are named after historical people like there's Thackeray Avenue and Tennyson Avenue. Seeing that... and... I don't know, something just hit me.

I live in a city that most people don't think about. Sure we have had movies and TV shows filmed here in the past, but really, we don't get the attention we deserve. Pittsburgh is a beautiful place.

Seeing all the college kids and the restaurants and the shops and the atmosphere made me think about the Contemporary novel I am trying to write. It originally took place in Sheridan, North Carolina (a fictional place) but now I'm starting to have second thoughts. My horizons were broadened, my eyes were opened.

I know that sounds really corny, but have you ever stopped to take a breath and smell the roses, as they say?

Try it sometimes, especially if you have Writer's Block.

In other news, I edited the hell out of Shadow. It's becoming an addiction, really. When I can't go to sleep, I find myself aimlessly nitpicking at things. And then at four in the morning, I realized I was deeply in love with it and decided that I will write it. Don't know how long this feeling's gonna last but I'll run with it.

Along for the Ride, is turning out to be a fantastic book. I love Eli! He's another fictional boy I have to add to my list of character crushes.

I saw a lot of people that resembled my characters today. It was really weird and I felt like I could just walk up to them and start talking, but if course we'd talk about plots and things but you know, they weren't really my characters...and yeah. I'm weird, I know. But as I always say, weird is the new normal. ^_^

1 comments:

Sarah said...

You are so cute! Hehe. I'm glad to hear that you had a great day.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com