Sunday, May 24, 2009

Artist of the Month {Thriving Ivory}



Who is Thriving Ivory?

Thriving Ivory is a rock band hailing from Santa Barbara who use simple but powerful lyrics augmented by mellow guitars and keyboards to create their unique sound.

What do you like about them?

Well, for one thing, Clayton's voice is so different and unique and I can really find solace in the songs. They make me think and sway at the same time. And I can really really sing along to them. They are just really an awesome band.

How did you discover them?

I'm always on the look out for new music, well new as in, music I haven't heard before. Back in 2008 they came to Pittsburgh and I really didn't pay them any mind until now but I wish I had because I could have went to their concert, but I was on YouTube just looking up stuff and I came across them.

Why are they the Artist of the Month?

Well, there was certainly a lot of competition, you know, with Green Day, which is On Demand's Artist of the Month. Green Day is another great band but I think that Thriving Ivory is one of those bands that will always be fresh, no matter how many songs they throw out. They have raw talent and they're are not flashy. They just really bring a certain class to the rock world.

Who is your favorite member?

I will have to say Clayton. I've watched a few of their web chats and he's really just laid back, you can tell that at least, and he has a really amazing voice.

Who would you have picked for Artist of the Month?

Arid, definitely, Arid. They're a Belgian rock band that not a lot of people seem to know about. They're amazing and I would have picked them if I wasn't so much in awe with Thriving Ivory.

What makes them unique?

As a writer, I love artist who can write their own songs. In other words, I hate studio owned singers and bands. If you can't write your own songs, you're not a true artist. Thriving Ivory writes about things people can relate to and their band name is pretty awesome as well.

Do you know who next month's AOM is going to be?

No, I have no clue but it's going to be hard picking them, seeing as though Thriving Ivory is a really great band and June is actually a really special month because my birthday is on June 21st.

What are your favorite songs by Thriving Ivory?

Yes, that is a really good question. My favorite songs would have to be Day of Rain, Twilight, and Angels on the Moon. There are some more like Overrated and Runaway that are just amazing. But basically those first three are my favorite.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com