Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

This is from my NaNo novel. It's one of my favorite scenes.

"Did he hit you?"

I didn't answer right away. Low probably took this as a yes.

But no. Kip didn't hit me.

Kip didn't have to hit me to make me cry. I just hated the way Low's lips wrapped around "he." Like Kip was vile and disgusting, when he wasn't. He was far from that. Low was his brother. He was his flesh and blood, but he didn't know him like I did.

"I swear, if he touched you I would..." Low started.

"No," I coughed out. "No, Kip didn't hit me."

Low didn't believe me. And I didn't care.

"What would you do? Fight him?" He loosened his hold on me, and I pushed him away.

"If that's what it takes," he said.



2 comments:

Amna said...

Oh my, I am liking this Low character.

I find his concern quite sexy...

DrunkenLilacs said...

Yum, I agree with Amna. I love me some overprotective gentlemen

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com