Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaNo is here...

And a couple of seconds ago I hit 1k!

To celebrate here's a snippet of my NaNo novel.

By the way, I decided to do Mirrror, Mirror because Alden from Have Mercy decided to close up on me. He's been very quiet lately.


It was all in the eyes. That's what Pris said to me all the time. You can be the worst actor in the world, but if you put your eyes into it, nothing could go wrong. The eyes were the windows to your soul, your heart.

I stood there, my body trembling. The magazine that I was supposed to pretend to read, held no interest. I kept my eyes on Pris.

Her hands gripped the counter, her hair falling in front of her face, looking like a veil of sunshine. The clerk's face was painted with concern. Real, genuine concern.

"Are you okay?" he asked, moving from behind the counter. His thick accent was low and soft. I felt sorry for him. He seemed like a good person, and we were going to rob him.

"I think I'm going into..." Pris breathed, "...labor."

This was an Oscar-worthy performance. If I didn't know that Pris had a pillow stuffed under her shirt, and not a baby bulge, I would've believed her. I hoped, prayed, that the clerk would keep on believing her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her voice

Amna said...

BAHAHAHAHA, I think I fell of my chair when I read , 'we were going to rob him'.

I can so imagine this scene XD

I agree with Leasie, I love the voice

Emilia Plater said...

OMG.
That.
Is.
Awesome!!!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com