Friday, October 30, 2009

In Two Days...

NaNo begins!

I did it last year, and won (by miracle) and because the prize is as same as last year's, I definitely want to try to churn out 50,000 words (0r more)

But there's just one little problem.

I'm not ready.

I'm close to being ready, but let's just say I'm not that close.

I literally had one hundred ideas. I went from urban fantasy to science fiction and I finally decided I was going to try writing a contemporary. I know, taking the easy way out.

Then I narrowed it down to four ideas and then those four ideas morphed magically into two. Two very good ideas, but which one do I chose.

Have Mercy


Alden Summerville loves music. It runs in his blood. His mother was a musician and when she died, music became his world. Nothing was going to change his dreams of becoming a famous rocker. Not his dad, who wants Al to get a football scholarship. Not his step-mother, Barbra, who wants him out of his house. No one will stop him from letting music be his life, because if he doesn't have music, then there isn't no point in living.

When Mr. Snyder, his music teacher retires, Alden doesn't know what to do. He thinks that there is no one left in the world on his side, until she comes. She is beautiful, bright, and cares about music almost as much as Alden does, maybe even more. He introduces him to a different world, one he wants to live in. One he will give up everything for.




Mirror, Mirror

Kendall Ryan has never lived in a real home. She's never had her own bed or room, and she's never had a "first kiss" Though she's been kissed by many men, the only man who she would gladly accept a kiss from was Kipling "Kip" Fitzgerald, the man who has been taking care of her for as long as she can remember. But that will never happen because Kip already has his eyes on Pristine "Pris" Walker, the golden-haired beauty of their little "family."

All she wants, all she'll ever need is for Kip to notice her, but he never treats her with love and affection. She's like furniture, just there to help out when needed.

And then a girl goes missing.


There's more to both stories but I don't want to give too much away. I don't know which one I'll do. Hopefully I'll finish tomorrow so I can get playlist and stuff together.

So much to do, so little time...

5 comments:

Emilia Plater said...

Oh man. They both sound amazing. But... my vote (do I get a vote?) is for Have Mercy. <3

in which a girl reads said...

They both sound great Ely :D I don't think you can go wrong with either one!

Good luck with Nano :)

Laura McMeeking said...

Hmmmm...that's tough. But since I love music, I'm voting for Have Mercy. :)

Amna said...

Hmmmmm.

I want Have Mercy.

But I also want Mirror, Mirror.

Hmmmmmm

I am very unhelpful

Raven M said...

Hehe, thanks guys. So, it looks like Have Mercy is winning 3 to 1. And I already know the characters for HM well, so I guess I'm doing that one for NaNo.

I'll save Mirror, Mirror for afterwards.

Thanks again!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com