Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Happy Teaser Tuesday everyone!

I've gotten a lot done last week up until now. It's cutting close to the day I have to go back to hell, I mean that place where knowledge is power and all that other good stuff ^_^

I started outlining for UTJS and I added another love interest, because I love love triangles. His name is Peregrine March and he's a clumsy wizard who drinks too much.

And then I have two new WIP(s) One is called The Tying of Two Nots and it's about Nick and Bailey, two compulsive darers who find themselves in each other's arms after a night of heavy drinking. Bailey ends up pregnant and now they're trying to find out what they should do.

The other one is untitled, but it's about this girl who wakes up from a coma only to discover that her mother and little sister were kidnapped. With her boyfriend Duncan they set out on trying to find out what happened to them, only to get caught up in a magical war between the Witches and the Dragons. I'm really excited about this one.

Okay, okay, enough about me. I hope everyone else got a lot done, and I hope you're excited about it.

Hopefully I'll have something from either two of those new SNI(s) to post next Tuesday, but until then, here's another snippet from Have Mercy.

I realized I needed to establish Alden's voice a little more in the beginning. Plus, as always he had a lot more to say. It's also a cameo for Colby because she just popped into the story. And I had to mention somewhere about the music teacher retiring because the new music teacher, well let's just say she's an important part of the plot too.


It was Monday. The sun was shining. The birds were chirping. And for once, I felt like going to school. Usually I just go to first period and leave after homeroom. But if I went to school today, I would have actually stayed the whole entire day.

My music teacher, Mr. Snyder was retiring. After forty five years of teaching, three of which he spent dealing with me, he was going on to a better place. Some retirement home in Florida. He was the only teacher I liked. I still gave him hell like the others, but I payed attention in class. When I needed advice about something, he was always there for me. I loved the man like a father. So of course I wanted to be there to see him off. But that bastard that lives in the same house and whose sperm helped bring me into this world, wanted to disrupt my learning, just to take me to go see a stuck-up doctor for no fucking reason. Go figure.

For the third time this morning, my phone rang. I put it on vibrate, but the low buzzing sound was getting on my nerves. I knew who was calling. I didn't feel like talking to her. Colby. My ex. The girl next door. She had so many titles, but girlfriend wasn't one of them. At least not anymore, so I didn't feel obligated to answer her call.

We broke up over a week ago. She texted me saying it was over. I said okay. I've been single for a two weeks now. It feels good. Maybe I should be thanking her, instead of ignoring her. I mean, if it weren't for her, I would still be somebody's boyfriend. I wouldn't get no action at parties and my reputation would be ruined. Plus, I wouldn't have gotten the number of this really hot girl I met at Skunk's party. She wrote it on my hand and I accidentally washed it off. I forgot her name, so I can't ask around for her. Oh well.

I picked up a shirt off the floor and pulled it on. Running my hand through my hair, I grabbed my jacket and walked out of my room. I couldn't close my door because my dad took it off the hinges. I guess he figured I wouldn't hold a gun to my head if I didn't have any privacy. There was always the bathroom, though.

He and his wife were in the kitchen when I walked downstairs. They were speaking in low tones, as if I gave a fuck about what they were talking about. After hugging and kissing, my father grabbed his car keys and we left the house.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great voice here. I totally suck at writing male POV- but you are awesome with it! Wanna give me a few pointers? lol

VĂ©ro L said...

Great attitude, very angst-y MC!

Raven M said...

Thanks Amna! This is actually starting to scare me. I didn't think I'd be good at writing from a male POV, especially since I live around mostly females. It's so weird LOL!!

Raven M said...

Thanks Vero!

Karla Calalang said...

Oh me likey! I like how both our characters have that bad boy thing going on. Would really love to read more!

Oh, and just had a quick question about my own teaser. Is the hint at what happened four years ago too subtle? More hints are to come and the secret's out toward the end. Please comment back on my site so I remember when I look back to it! :D

Laura McMeeking said...

Wow, this IS a great voice! "But that bastard that lives in the same house and whose sperm helped bring me into this world" I LOVED that. So much personality!

Emilia Plater said...

"Nick and Bailey, two compulsive darers who find themselves in each other's arms..."

OMG, that sounds awesome!! :) I would so read!

Loved the excerpt. I love angst, haha... as you can see from my own writing.

in which a girl reads said...

ooh great snippet. Your new WIPs sound really interesting!

Annie McElfresh said...

Your MC is sooooo freakin' fiesty! Loved it! I love an MC with an Idon'tgiveafu*k attitude :) Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm intrigued. Good job! :)

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com