Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2010 is the year for YA

I've said this so many times, but 2010 is going to be THE year for YA. Why? Well, because The Tenners whose books are debuting in 2010 have delicious ideas that will surely become best sellers. Don't believe me? Go check out their blog over at 10_ers

I have my eye on a few *coughs* The Secret Year, Sea, Harmonic Feedback, The Duff, Brightly Woven, The Body Finder, All Unquiet Things (love this title), The Iron King, Skin & Bones, The Mark...and well, why don't I just save some time and say that I love all of the books and I will be buying them when they hit the shelves.

But let's talk about The Mark by Jen Nadol.

First off, the new cover is beautiful. I thought the old one was okay, but pink and purple are two of my favorite colors, or would you can consider that violet? Still, I like how the colors fuse together and even more mesmerizing is the premise of the story.


Sixteen-year old Cassie Renfield has seen the mark since forever: a glow around certain people as if a candle were held behind their back.

The one time she pointed it out taught her not to do it again, so Cassie has kept quiet, considering its rare appearances odd, but insignificant. Until the day she watches a man die. Mining her memories, Cassie realizes she can see a person's imminent death. Not how or where, only when: today.

Cassie searches her past, her philosophy lessons, even her new boyfriend for answers, always careful to hide her secret. How does the mark work? Why her?

Most importantly, if you know today is someone's last, should you tell?
(copied from the author's website: http://jennadolbooks.com/html/mark.html)

And then I read the excerpt of the story and that was like the icing on the cake. Or maybe the cherry on top of a sundae?

So, if you want to read this book, spread the word and enter!

Oh and here's the linkage: http://www.jennadolbooks.com/blog/?p=627

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com