Monday, April 27, 2009

[insert creative title]

Ok. As I mentioned in my profile, I am an aspiring young author. I love to write and currently I decided to give writing historical romances a break. Believe me, they are so hard to write but thinking about the way they spoke and men with dark and brooding countenances, cravats and top hots...it all just sucks me back in but I really really want to write a YA fantasy-romance. It's been my dream ever since I could remember and I've finally decided to take that dream off the back-burner.

It's called Metamorphosis. I know that it's not the best of titles, but it goes with what the story is about. I love it and I'm already half-way into the first chapter. My main character, Marsa, is so emotional but so lovable and she is sorta like me in so many ways, so I can relate to her.

I know her name is kinda weird but she's Croatian and her grandmother was from Romania. So I wanted her to have a name that displayed her culture because a lot of books don't embrace it as much as they should.

Some things that I will incorporate into this story is Romanian folklore. I've read into it and if you ever get a chance, you should Google it or find books in the library, because it really is amazing.


It had rained that day. Which was odd, because for the past couple of months, the weather had mirrored my mood. Sunny, cool, and easy. It was only ironic that the cold wet droplets would make my happiness morph into sorrow.

I had passed through the school day without much thought. Usually, I was bubbly and talkative. Each class would not be absent of my voice and all of my teachers would never miss their chance to loathe my innocent cockiness. But today felt different. It was as if I left the house that morning without putting myself on.

Even my friends seemed to notice my edginess.


That's a snippet of chapter 1. Well it's the beginning and when I wrote it, I realized that yes, this story is going to be so hard to write because Marsa is a complex character. She changes a lot throughout the story, with all that she goes through. Sometimes, when my characters go through something bad, it takes a toll on me and I know that her life might not be something I can handle but at the same time, this story's complexity is what draws me to it.

It's unlike anything I've written and it might be one of my best accomplishments, so I really want to finish this book. And what makes it better is, that I like to look on the bright side. When I finish this and edit and send it out, I have an idea for the sequel. Isn't that great?

Well, I'll keep everyone who is reading up to date on my road to telling Marsa's story. But in-between, there has to be some random post and some possible book reviews.

Have a great day,

~Raven

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds fun!

I can't believe so few have discovered your blog. I saw your description and how you were writing a story about a girl who works for Death, and I was amazed.

You see, I'm writing a story about a girl who is Death's little sister.

Funny coincidences. I wondered if this chapter was from that story?

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com